Trump Warns Houthis to Stand Down or Face 'Real Pain'

As airstrikes intensify, Trump makes it clear to Iran-backed militants and their sponsors that American strength won't be tested.

President Donald Trump sent an unmistakable message to the Iran-backed Houthi terrorists this week. Keep firing on American ships, and "the real pain is yet to come."

In a statement posted Monday on social media, Trump praised the relentless U.S. military strikes targeting Houthi forces in Yemen and warned that the campaign will only escalate if attacks on U.S. ships continue.

“Many of their Fighters and Leaders are no longer with us,” Trump said. “We hit them every day and night Harder and harder. Their capabilities that threaten Shipping and the Region are rapidly being destroyed.”

Trump was clear freedom of navigation will not be compromised, and America will defend its ships, its allies, and its interests.

“The choice for the Houthis is clear: Stop shooting at U.S. ships, and we will stop shooting at you. Otherwise, we have only just begun, and the real pain is yet to come, for both the Houthis and their sponsors in Iran.”

The warning comes on the heels of a successful string of airstrikes on Houthi command targets, including a devastating hit on their general command headquarters last week. These strikes are aimed at deterring the group from attacking commercial vessels and launching missiles toward Israel.

The Bab el-Mandeb Strait, a vital shipping route connecting the Gulf of Aden to the Red Sea and the Suez Canal, has become a hotspot in the war against Iran's terror proxies and Trump has made it clear that his administration will not back down.

Still, the Left and corporate media continue to focus not on the success of the operations, but on a Signal group chat mishap that accidentally included a journalist known for hit pieces on Trump. The chat, involving key national security figures like Vice President JD Vance, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, and DNI Tulsi Gabbard, discussed airstrike coordination but no classified information was shared, according to the White House.

The media, predictably, is more interested in pushing scandal than acknowledging a decisive victory.

“It’s just a witch hunt,” Trump told NBC. “We had a tremendously successful strike… All they want to talk about is nonsense. It’s fake news.”

When asked whether he still had confidence in his national security team, Trump didn’t hesitate: “I do.”

In typical fashion, Trump isn’t backing down. While the Biden era was defined by weakness, blurred red lines, and diplomatic word salad, Trump’s approach is unapologetically strong, clear, and results-driven.

And the message to America’s enemies is simple: test us again, and the pain you’ve seen so far is only the beginning.

Share this article or subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on foreign policy, national security, and Trump’s return to American leadership.